Investment Compatibility Review Package
Principal Trust Company requires any account holder who wishes to purchase outside held investments as part of their tax-advantaged account to have an existing affiliation with a firm that has an executed service agreement with Principal Trust.
Firms interested in signing a Service Agreement must:
- Have at least 100 active accounts.
- Be able to fulfill the terms and conditions outlined in the agreement.
Prior to purchasing investments outside of the brokerage firm account that require approval, follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Administrative Compatibility Determination Package.
Note: There is $150 non-refundable administrative fee for each investment where Principal Trust must perform the administrative review. This fee needs to accompany the Administrative Compatibility Determination Package.
- Select and complete one of these four forms based on the type of investment to be purchased:
- Limited Liability Company Form
- Limited Partnership Form
- Private Placement Stock Form
- Unsecured Debt Instruments (Corporate Promissory Note) Form
Instructions for completing and delivering the forms are included in the package.
When purchasing approved investments outside of the brokerage firm account, download and complete the following forms:
If you have questions about these packages, please call our Client Contact Center at 1.800.209.9010.