| Firm Login
- 01 - Extended IRS deadline for Principal Trust reporting of final Form 5498 information, including market value, for all accounts.
- 03 - Market will close early at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 3, 2014.
- 04 - Principal Trust and Market closed in observance of Independence Day.
- 15 - Extended deadline for Principal Trust to file IRS Form 990-T. Trusts may request an automatic 3-month extension of time by using Form 8868. If more than the 3 months is needed, trusts may file a second Form 8868 to request an additional extension. This second extension is not automatically approved by the IRS.
- 31 - IRS deadline for plan sponsors of qualified plans to file their 2013 Form 5500 for calendar year plans. Preparing Form 5500 is an optional service Principal Trust will provide for a fee to plan sponsors of profit sharing plans upon request. The individual plan sponsor must then file Form 5500 with the IRS.
- IRS deadline for filing Form 5558 for calendar year plan sponsors who need additional time to prepare their Form 5500. This filing will provide an extension to October 15, 2014.
- Principal Trust sends year-end fair market value statements to account holders who have outside investments.
- Principal Trust sends Tax Withholding Election Notices to account holders who have taken a distribution between January 1 and June 30 of the current year.